Blackall is on the Warrego Highway between Tambo and Barcaldine in Central West Queensland about 7 hours west of Rockhampton.
In the past we have had lengthy periods with no resident minister so our church in many ways typifies the early Christian church where all members are encouraged to use their God-given gifts and talents to contribute to the life of the body and provide for those in need.
We come from many walks of life – government employees, business owners, mums, retirees, graziers, students and everything in between. We welcome everyone regardless of background or present circumstances and recognise each person’s God –given potential and destiny. We continually seek creative ways through which to express and live out our faith as our God is continually creating and moving in our lives.
Our relationship with God and each other is nourished and strengthened through regular home Bible study and fellowship groups: ladies, mixed, men’s and young adults.
During school terms we have kids’ church most Sundays and REV youth group through the week.
A Thrift Shop in Shamrock Street operates most of the year, three mornings a week. Click here to see there Facebook page.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives.
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy (set apart for himself).
- The Bible tells us that God is the creator of the heavens and the earth. All things were created by him and for him.
- Therefore our lives belong to him. We should follow him and serve him
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- God won’t let us rebel forever. He is a just God. The Bible tells us that humans are destined to die once and face judgment (Hebrews 9:27); and, without help, that judgment is to fall under the eternal punishment of God.
- But God is also a loving God, a compassionate God. He chose not to leave us in a completely helpless situation, but to act on our behalf. He sent Jesus, his own divine Son, into our world.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ (as both God and man) is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory over death and empower us for life.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit who gives us spiritual gifts.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
Want to know more about Christianity? See links below:
Two Ways to Live: http://www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/